Friday, January 18, 2013

Happy 70th Birthday Billy Harper


I apologize for the few updates over the past two weeks. With the SFJAZZ Center opening on Monday, my day job has been sucking up all of my time. I don't mind however, because the opening of this jazz center, I believe, is an important thing not only for Bay Area jazz but the artform itself. Hopefully in a week or so, things will settle down a bit and I will be able to post much more often.

I was very sad that I was unable to get something up for Billy Harper yesterday on his 70th Birthday, especially because he is one of my all-time favorite saxophonist. Therefore, I thought I would end the week featuring just a few of my favorite recordings from the jazz great. Enjoy!

Billy Harper - Soran-Bushi, B.H.



Billy Harper - Croquet Ballet



Billie Harper - I Do Believe


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! I am listening to your music every night and that's the way I can get asleep easily while listening on my iPhone with the new iPhone application "ClipClock". You can try and download it here www.clipclock.com/download/30050

Post a Comment